Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 2 September 2013

Childhood Memories

Our challenge at Make My Monday this week is Childhood Memories and I have made this card with a couple of memories in mind.
My colour scheme is influenced by a story I loved as a girl about a fairy who couldn't decide what colour she wanted her room and kept changing the walls until they disappeared.
Secondly, I had an English Teacher who firmly believed she had fairies living in her garden, and why not.  I would love to think I might have some.




My parchment butterfly was made using a Pergamano Multi Grid and coloured with Versamark and Mica Powders.

My background is painted in some of my favourite colours, particularly green and pink together.
I hope you will pop over and have a look at the other DT makes and join in this week, sharing your childhood memories.
Rosie x

16 comments:

  1. I thought we all had them at the end of the garden Rosie ?

    Such a lovely dreamy misty feel to this and so pretty.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, sweet story too, wish I had some fairies but I dont have a garden!!!. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully ethereal Rosie. I wished I still believed in Fairies - isn't age cruel!! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosie, I have a fairy door in the skirting in my craft room - so I'm definitely a believer! Love the romantic, ethereal feel and the stamped images are beautiful, the mica powders on the butterfly look gorgeous. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosie,
    I LOVE this card, as for fairies???? I like to think I'll never be TO old to BELIVE!
    Thanks for always visiting my blog and leaving such kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background...Love the image it would be so nice to have some fairies at the bottom of the garden....(or maybe we do)!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Rosie..........I hope I have fairies at the bottom of the garden too !!

    Love the wonderful background and beautiful stamped image. The butterfly is stunning

    TFS and crafty hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rosie,
    Love the colours you have used on your background and the beautiful parchment butterfly.Will pop over and have a look at other dt makes. Thank you so much for popping over to my blog I really appreciate this. Hugs Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely childhood memories Rosie. Your card is gorgeous and I love what you have done with that lovely butterfly. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Pergamano butterfly is just beautiful and I love your fairy stamping and wonderful colour choices. Don't we all have fairies in the garden........would be lovely to think so.. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous Rosie and that's one of my favourite stamp sets too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully made Rosie, the coloured background is quite ethereal and the stamps go perfectly.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely misty quality about this, I can see why you love pink and green together - your shades work so well. Lovely!
    Hugs, N xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Rosie - gorgeous colours - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Rosie, very beautifully put together and I for one definitely believe in fairies lol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So delicate, so beautiful and just the perfect place for any fairy. Just make sure Bowser doesn't chase any away! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting I really appreciate it. x