Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 4 February 2013

Love those Ruffles

Today I thought I would share my ruffly tag with you.  It was inspired by the fab Trish Latimer in Craft Stamper Magazine - my favourite read.



I started by stamping a fabric strip, I think it was a bit of a net curtain, with Versacraft which I then ironed to heat set.
The fabric was then spritzed with distress re-inkers. At the same time I sprayed some card so that the colours would tie in.
Then my beautiful old Singer machine came out to machine stitch the ruffles.



.










A Tim Holtz mask was used to add some interest without changing the colour palette





A little bit of texture was added with sizzix embossing folders and diffusers.











The image is a Darkroom Door stamp, I have a bit of a thing about this beautiful image at present, and is coloured with Pan Pastels.

My trusty typewriter has been out again as you can see.

The metal fabric roses have been in my stash for ages but were a bit bright so have had an encounter with alcohol ink.









The fabric flower was coloured with Distress Stains and left crinkled until dry.

A few little bits and pieces, a bit of stitchery and there it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting I really appreciate it. x