Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 15 July 2013

Dragonfly Card

Our challenge at Make My Monday this week is to use a stamp that has never been inked.  What should I do?  Go through my stash or buy new? Difficult decision - not!

Unfortunately this has been very difficult to photograph as it is mainly acetate.

New Stamps!
I began my background by dripping alcohol inks onto acetate and moving them around with blending fluid.

I cut an aperture from the card and the backing paper.


Text from a Stampers Anonymous set.

The toadstools were stamped onto acetate to and coloured with Promarkers and finally a dragonfly from foil.  I had been walking around the paddock with my friend and we had seen a dragonfly so he had to feature.
Do join us this week and show us your fabulous creations,
Rosie x

14 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely - acetate is a nightmare to photograph isn't it? I am afraid I am such a naughty girl I wouldn't have to go shopping for tat challenge - I have quite a few stamps that haven't seen ink!!

    Have been in the garden and seen lots of butterflies already today which is lovely. No dragonflies yet except for the metal ones around my pond!!

    Have a lovely day, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very inventive, this looks great. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, that is absolutely cool your Card I just love it!
    xoxo SanDee1899

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to see this one as it looks fascinating Rosie. Love the way you have used those new stamps. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Rosie. Love it! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, so inventive and creative and wonderful use of those stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely stunning card Rosie. Amazing detail and a very clever background.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, and a great tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, very creative, Love the stamping & beautiful dragonfly...Fantastic background... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Rosie.. I've always got stamps never inked... I think it means I have no self control!!
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant effect with the acetate - thanks for the explanation too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun design! I love what you have done with the acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card, Rosie - I love all the different elements and the acetate looks fab.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the range of materials here Rosie and gorgeous stamping.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting I really appreciate it. x