Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 8 April 2013

Mixed Media Card with Parchment Butterfly

I really enjoyed making this card as it has lots of my favourite things on it and I love combining fabric, lace and papers.





I began by cutting some fabric ( a free curtain sample) to fit my green square mat which I distressed.














I stamped a nestie shape and attached that and a nestie cut from a stamped torn and gessoed background sheet I had previously made.

I found some beautiful ribbons and distressed just about everything that didn't move.




The stamp is from Crafty Individuals, stamped on linen and coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils.
I made a parchment butterfly embellishment, with wire and an organza flower.
The flower is a silk carrier rod - if you haven't seen these check out Stef Francis.



















I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
The Artistic Stamper - Texture
The Ribbon Girl - Flowers
Sugar Creek Hollow - Fabulous Flourishes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Fly
Country View Challenges - Butterflies
Pan Pastel Challenge - Use a Stamped Image















13 comments:

  1. Stunning card and I love your parchment work, lovely. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautifully soft and feminine Rosie, love the use of the fabrics and pretty colours. Thanks for linking to two of my DTs, PanPastel UK and Country View Crafts.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! I love it
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a gorgeous card!! and a great tutorial on how you made it.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgous card, Love the use fabric, the colours are so soft & your parchment work is fabulous.. Great tutorial! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic card Rosie. Love the sewing, that beautifully coloured image and of course your parchment work. Hugs, Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just back from Paris and catching on with everyone Rosie.

    Love your card and that parchment flower is amazing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet this card! Love that you've sew with a vintage sewing machine! It gives such a beautiful touch! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is wonderful...love the flourish...thanks for sharing with us at sch this week...lizzi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the layers and details. thank you for joining us at SCH this week.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great and delicate work . Thanks for joining us at country view crafts challenge trace x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper with your card....it's full of wonderful texture and is so pretty ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting I really appreciate it. x